- 3:30 AM: Toss, turn, blow nose, pray to fall asleep, blow nose again
- 9:30 AM: Crap! We over slept!
- 10:30 AM: Go to gas station to fill up. Pumps that take Credit Card are full. Go inside and pay for $30 of gas.
- 10:40 AM: Gas pumps stops pumping at $8.63.
- 10:41 AM: Try pump again.
- 10:41:05 AM: Try pump again.
- 10:41:07 AM: Try pump again.
- 10:43 AM: Attendant comes out to tell me it's broken.
- 10:50 AM: At Walgreen's to buy Sudafed.
- 11 AM: Computer problems, can not give me Sudafed because of computer problems.
- 11:01 AM: Resist urge to go ballistic and jump across counter to steal cold medicine.
- 11:10 AM: Decide that maybe some caffeine would be good. Stop by tiny neighborhood grocery store to get a coke from the vending machine outside.
- 11:12 AM: Clink. Clink. Clink....machine not working.
- 11:15 AM: In line inside grocery store. One checker. Behind lady who is buying 5 boxes of Kleenex, 4 Cadbury Cream Eggs, 6 packages of hamburger and asking to check the price on ALL of them.
- 11:25 AM: Lady makes the checker re-bag her groceries because she wants paper, not plastic bags.
- 11:26 AM: Buy sodas and go home.
- 11:40 AM: Ryan gets home with lunch from Panera. They forgot to slice and toast my bagel. Normally no big deal, but lack air passage through my nasal cavity and sleep makes this very annoying to me.
- 11:41 AM: Ryan cuts bagel for me.
- Noon: Double check the gear, pack up and get ready to head to Edmond.
- 1:30 AM: Get to sweet Carlie's house and she gives me the biggest smile and hug, and her sweet energy makes the jumble of the morning lift off my shoulders.
Note my bold part. I want to point it out because these are the type of people that Andy & Carlie are, infectious. People that you feel like you are at home with, so gracious and kind. I pretty much want to be them when I grow up.
Look for Part 2 on Monday!
Vendors: Venue: First Presbyterian Church of Edmond, Gaylord Pickens Museum Photographers: Ely Fair Photography Florist: Birdie Event Planner: Judy Lehmbeck Caterer: Cheevers Invitations: Chirps and Cheers Band: Hook